Happy Easter! We spent the day having family fun. This top was meant to be last year’s spring dress cut using Lisette’s Diplomat Dress (S1878) and quilter’s cotton… Then I picked it up again to be my Easter dress this year. Here’s the lackluster version as a dress.
There’s just something not right you know? It was a little too short or something. My husband thought it was the yellow, but once I chopped off 6+ inches to create a hi-low top he loved it.
Accessory note: The turquoise necklace is a new skill-jewelry making. Nothing fancy, just a double strand with a lobster clasp.
It is so interesting to me as a seamstress that just a hem change could make something go from terrible to wonderful. Anyway, time for the details.
I did minimal alterations originally. Just a short back waist and the usual side grading to create 18 in the bust and 22 at the hip. I cut this way back in time before really becoming comfortable with FBAs, so I didn’t do that. Based on the photos, it could use it.
This one is so comfortable, I plan to cut it again in a longer dress length.